Let’s be honest: we all want and need correct, precise sales forecasts. Not only to keep on track but also to meet our 3-month-goals just as much as the yearly ones.
Microsoft progressed again and since Dynamics 365 Sales 2021 release wave 1, purchasers are now able to reproduce and duplicate an existing forecast concerning edits, and immediate clarity on revenue scenarios. The present forecast stays “untouched”, which means intact, while you customize different scenarios quickly and seamlessly.
This boost and improvement help you plan for subsequent phases when you can get all desired insights. You only need are a few easy but effective modifications of the scheduling timeframe in the existing forecast.
When you clone successful forecasts, you will not only delete repetitive data entry but also help yourself preventing forecasting errors and mistakes.
Thanks to forecast cloning you can now benefit from…
- changes of rollup and hierarch entities and their relationship.
- modification of the top of the hierarchy.
- changes in the timeframe of a forecast.
- alterings of the hierarchy entity and user lookup field that establish access information for each record of the forecast.
- changes of a forecast category option set, additions of columns, or modifications of columns.
- addition or modification of filters that limit the data which drives the forecast.
For further details and information, we suggest having a look at Microsoft’s article about how to bring predictability to your revenue pipeline.
What are the next steps? What do you need to do now when you want to duplicate existing forecasts in Dynamics 365 Sales?
- Read the documentation about forecasting in Dynamics 365 Sales.
- Have a look at how to simply clone a forecast.
- Learn how to design and customize forecasts in your organization.
 Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales supports you with your digital selling journey: learn and, especially, understand more about your customers, strengthen the connection, and build significant and trustful relationships. Adapt to the fast changes on the market.